When you visit our website, we can collect information about you which may include your personal information such as your name, contact information, IP address and other things that identify you individually.
We are committed to process and collect any personal information lawfully and securely in accordance with our legal obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:-
- to fulfil our obligations to you when providing you with legal services
- to share information with third parties where necessary to fulfil the obligations of our legal services for you
- to comply with our statutory obligations including verifying your identity in prevention of fraud and money laundering
- to comply with requests made by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA), the Law Society and the Legal Aid Agency (LAA) to fulfil our regulatory obligations
- to communicate with you during the course of providing our services
Across our website you may come across enquiry forms which allow you to make enquiries about the firm. When you use these forms a member of our team will receive the enquiry and send it onto the department better placed to handle the enquiry and reply to you.
We do not pass your information to marketing companies and any third parties that we engage will not see your data for marketing purposes. We do not maintain a database for marketing purposes.
Once your matter is completed we will provide information on how your data is stored.
Southern Stewart & Walker is a data controller under the Data Protection Rules and is registered with the Information Commissions Office registration number Z9224952
Our Data Protection Manager is Geoff Hindson email firstname.lastname@example.org
We take appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss, unauthorised access, use or disclosure. However we cannot guarantee that unauthorised persons will not circumvent our security measures.
Other internet sites or services, which may be accessible through Southern Stewart & Walker, will have separate data and privacy practices and terms and conditions independent of the firm therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact these organisation directly if you have any questions.
Remember there are risks wherever you use the internet. You are responsible for monitoring the safety of your own computer, telephone and other smart devices.
The GDPR provides you with a number of rights which include:-
- requesting a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if any
- to change/correct any data we hold about yourequesting we delete any personal data
- opting out of all future communication from us
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact the Data Protection Manager at the email address.