If a relative or friend lacks mental capacity and has not previously created a Lasting Power of Attorney, you can apply for a Deputyship Order to deal with their property and financial affairs.

Whether you are looking for advice on the making of Lasting Powers of Attorney, or in the making of an application to the Court of Protection to be appointed as a Deputy, we can assist you.


Deputyship Order – £950.00 plus £190 VAT (£1,140.00 incl. VAT) and Court fee (£371.00).

Additionally, there may be a fee payable to an independent social worker for completion of the Assessment of Capacity form (COP3) from £495.00 – £595.00. (no VAT)

Geoff Hindson, a Partner in the firm who has practised as a Solicitor since 1990, handles Deputyship applications.