We have 1 vacancy at the present time. See below.
Salary: Negotiable. Start date: Early March 2021.
We require a Conveyancer for our busy high street practice. The role is a full-time, permanent role at our Prince Edward Road (Nook) Office. The hours are 9.00am – 5.00pm, Mondays to Fridays.
You will be responsible to the Conveyancing Department Head and the Partners for undertaking residential and commercial conveyancing at the firm. You will join an established high street firm which deals with Conveyancing, Private Client work and Dispute Resolution/Litigation work. The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Taking client instructions and providing legal advice and assistance.
- File management in accordance with the Quality Procedures Manual, CQS and Lexcel requirements.
- Effective and efficient caseload management.
- Supervision of staff where appropriate including file reviews.
- Dealing with client enquiries.
- Undertaking legal research and maintaining legal knowledge through training and ensuring compliance with continuing competence requirements of SRA.
- Compliance with SRA Code of Conduct and SRA Accounts Rules.
- Contribution to the safe and healthy working environment.
- Contribution to the improvements of office procedures and systems.
- Ensuring compliance with Equality and Diversity policies.
- Any other duties which, from time to time, are required by the Partners.
The firm is seeking someone with solid experience as a Conveyancer in a solicitors’ practice or other legal services setting, ideally with 2+ years PQE. The role requires good interpersonal and communication skills, a high degree of literacy and numeracy, detailed knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and Money Laundering Regulations, experience of legal accounting software and IT literacy and the ability to deal with confidential information. The ideal candidate will have good organisational skills, the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadline dates.
How to apply
Apply for either of these roles by sending your CV as soon as possible to email@example.com or by post to Southern Stewart & Walker Solicitors, Georgian House, 15 Beach Road, South Shields, NE33 2AQ. Interviews will take place in person as soon as possible.